***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Toga, Toga!

Went to the video store last night to redeem Aidan's free movies. He got 5 this summer! One movie for each A (or the equivilant therof). He wanted to rent Clash of the Titans - the 1981 version. He has read the complete Percy Jackson series and is exited about Greek Mythology so I said ok. I wasn't sure he would actually like this movie but I thought we would give it a try. He watched it this morning and was pretty into it. There were plenty of gross monsters and such.

The funny part of this story comes when he got to thinking about his birthday party later on. He was talking my ear off so it took me awhile to realize that he was in the planning stages of a toga party! He didn't call it that of course, but he wanted everyone to dress up like ancient Romans or Greeks and he wanted to have a black toga. He said "Mom, do people ever dress up like that any more?" - meaning in modern day Greece or Rome - and I said "Nope, I think only college kids do that!" I had to extrapolate on that of course - so I explained to him what a toga party is (I left out the alcohol that accompanies it...). Needless to say, after all is said and done, I believe that my son has his heart set on a toga party for his 9th birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! You have a very unique 9 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you found my blog and now I can follow yours! YAY! Hope you are doing well! Hugs to you and your precious boys!

    ReplyDelete