***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer

I've got Aidan beside me as I begin this journal. He is excited about this "blogging thing" and, as he sits here with me, he has inspired my first post and the name of my new blog. I said to him,"What should I write about?" Of course he said "swimming!" Aidan is in love with swimming as every strong, energetic, 8 year old boy should be in the summer. We have finished one round of swimming lessons - onto round two next week, and the pool is finally warm enough to really enjoy. Aidan is in swimming heaven! I'm sure we will give the pool a work out this year since Owen has just discovered how good the water feels too.

Summer is definitely in full swing, and although I look forward to it each year, it inevitably means exhaustion. We are three weeks into our summer vacation, and after many miles in the car, two days in a row at the pool, and so many bags of gear the car is about to explode, we are worn out! Aidan had a full week of soccer camp, science camp and baseball games (Can you guess which was his favorite?). As the chauffer extraordinaire, I get to drive Aidan from activity to activity and Owen gets to ride along everywhere we go. He takes it all in stride, never short of big toothy grin, or a deep belly laugh. My favorite part has been listening to Aidan entertaining Owen in the back seat. He can get a giggle like no one else!

For now, I've put projects on hold (temporarily...there are too many unfinished things to stop now...) and I keep telling myself that "it can wait." Summer is for swimming, outside time, and cooking out, right!?! I'm trying to remember to check more of those things off my list. With so many projects we have taken on around this house, it is quite an exercise in patience!

3 comments:

  1. I've felt the same way about summer.... I'm keeping too busy with this old house. The boys are still having a good time, but I need to get them to the pool and such way more. It kills me to part with the house at the moment, because I'm feeling like there is a deadline, which there is not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason the other post won't let me comment.... I feel so lucky that I can totally hear Owen's voice. His expression as well. He's so beautiful.... is that one word Tree Farm? He loves his outside!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Jacque - he has just started saying fwee fahm because he loves to go run free at the tree farm. So cute!

    ReplyDelete