***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Friday, June 25, 2010

Not Just a Phone

I was reading some friends and family blogs yesterday, and I loved reading the anecdotes about the funny and sweet things kids say and do. For the past couple of years, I had made a habit of recording my "Aidanisms," as I call them, on memos on my phones. By December of last year, my Blackberry (the one I didn't think I needed but now rely on) was beaten up, and pretty rough looking, but otherwise in workable condition - with minor frustrating moments. My husband, however, heard my frustration and bought me a fancy new touch screen model for Christmas. Its a great phone, but it has been a bit of a learning curve. Needless to say, I never started the memo thing on the new phone. I saved the old one knowing I could load the memos and pictures to my computer when I could get around to it. A month or so ago, I lost my new phone (temporarily), so I had my old one activated. In all the confusion of the day, I lost my old phone (permanently), found the new phone and had it reactivated. As I was reading these blogs, I had a thought about the "Aidanisms" and realized they were on the memory of my old phone! I started crying, because I could not for the life of me remember the awesome things my boy had said. I decided at that moment, that I have got to find a way to record these things and make myself do it!


Here is my favorite memo - not on my phone anymore! Owen has begun talking up a storm. When he says something and I agree I must say "uh huh" a lot. He now uses that phrase like "yes" for everything he wants us to agree with him on. "Outtide, uh huh" ... "Fwimming, uh huh" ... "Fwee Fahm, uh huh" ... "Cawh, uh huh" ... I will have to figure out a way to record this, because the inflection in his voice is absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment