***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Budding Athlete?

Aidan has not shown much interest in sports in the past. I've never really been one to push sports, but I do think there is real value of being involved in athletics so we keep trying. He has a naturally athletic build and good instincts, but he just hasn't seemed interested in working hard at it yet. Today made me think that maybe he will be more involved in sports than I had been thinking...

Swimming Lessons: He is truly excited to go to swimming every day and today his teacher informed the swim team coach that he is ready for swim team! He had been asking me about it since he heard about last month and he listens to the teachers and takes instruction so well. I am so proud of him! He has come a long way in only 3 weeks of lessons and now really wants to get on the swim team! Move over Michael Phelps. Haha.

The Final Baseball Game: Tonight was his last game. He's been playing ball at the Bel Aire Rec League. When we got ready to go and he realized it was the last game, he was truly disappointed that it was ending. He actually liked it!!! He had one really good hit. But what was exciting for us is that he got two runners out at first. He's been a good hitter the whole season, but he hasn't tackled fielding as enthusiastically. A big step in the right direction - Way to go Aidan!

1 comment:

  1. I think swimming sounds like a great fit for Aidan... I think he has the build for it too! Finding the right sport for kids is so hard, especially when it's become so competative! There are crazy parents out there! I'm a little surprised he enjoyed baseball so much.... not fast pace enough for many.

    If you do change his pirate room, you must take lots of pictures to document!!!

    ReplyDelete