***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Swing Away!

Monday when we were at the park for Aidan's picnic, he wanted me to push him on the swing. I thought this was really sweet - my newly nine-year-old still wanted pushed on the swing. Once I tired out from pushing his almost 80 pounds "Higher! Higher!" I sat on the swing beside him and we swung together. I don't know how long it has been since I've been on a swing.....but I forgot how fun it is - that exhilarating feeling of flying through the air! I've just been thinking of swinging since that night. Don't know why, but I guess it reminded me how lucky I am to get a glimpse of the wonderment childhood every day. But mostly, I've just been thinking I need to play more. Kids get to have so much fun, why can't I have some of it too? As I gear up for months of more work than I can handle, feel free to remind me.....

3 comments:

  1. I always tell myself I need to play with the kiddos more... and look.... they are 5 and 8!! IT's going to be gone too quickly. I think you and Kip running haunted attractions keeps you young at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true.... maybe it ages your heart??? Hmmm.... Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete