***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Spirit Names

We went swimming with my sister Jacque and her boys tonight. Aidan informed us while we were playing in and around the pool that he had given us all "spirit names" - for what purpose we have no idea. I'm not sure if they are random or if he had given it any previous thought, but here is the list of names he came up with:

Aidan - Dangerous Eagle
Riley - Fierce Lion
Aunt Jacque - Nice Dolphin
Reece - Chunky Chipmunk
Owen - Skinny Bird
Dad - Stinky Fox
Mom - Chunky Squirrell

I know that I would prefer any name that doesn't include "chunky" but I have to believe that he meant no harm to my ego. Kip has probably already forgotten that his spirit name includes the word "stinky."

I guess we can see his pecking order here!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad he didn't change my name to LONE HAMMER!! He really likes his Aunt Jacque.... I love that kid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that he wanted to change your name to Lone Hammer. I think my name was supposed to be Lone Hammer after you turned it down. In fact, I think I'm going to officially change mine (Chunky wasn't working for me anyway!). I actually think the name fits after all the projects I've been doing lately.

    ReplyDelete