***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not What I Ever Expected...

...but sometimes practicality reigns supreme! You know how you move into a new house and you have all kinds of plans for how you will decorate and furnish it? Well, I always thought I would find the perfect buffet or china cabinet for my dining room wall. I never quite found what I wanted, or if I did, I didn't have the money for it. Well, a few weeks ago, I just couldn't bear to look at the mess of mail, coloring books, plastic file bins and computers that had taken over the table and dresser that I had on the dining room wall. I decided I had to do something about it. Since all our rooms are used up, I figured that this was still the best place for our office. So here is my solution:



When I told Kip I was going to order a secretary, he really thought I meant a person! I'm all on board for a full time secretary, but this kind is more in the budget right now (even though I decided one was not enough for all our stuff).


Two big file drawers... Four drawers for all the phone books, paper, markers, etc... Two big computer holes... Six cubbies for all the staplers, tape, stamps, envelopes, etc... I'm in organization heaven.


I painted the ugly green bench and sewed up some super cute cushions,


The best part ... When I'm tired of looking at all the stuff, I can promptly close them right up (insert happy dance here)!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Love it all! Looks awesome! The bench is great too!

    ReplyDelete