***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Good to be Home

Sometimes the stress and exhaustion of a family vacation can really wear on you.  I know that I hesitate to take all the long road trips, or the hiking and camping trips that Kip and Aidan love.  They take a lot of planning and patience.  But one thing that a vacation like this does for me, is remind me how much I love my home and the comforts of home.  I am utterly exhausted from the trip, but so happy to be hanging out at home today.  Looking back at the 9 day trip, I can see that we had a lot of fun!

Because I have these pictures handy, I will share one of the many highlights of our family's summer vacation.  We took a river rafting tour on day 8 of our vacation.  I found one that wasn't too fast and had little chance of bouncing out a two year old, so we could ride together.  The pictures the tour company took are a pretty funny, play by play of the kid's faces so I am going to show you a lot.  It looks pretty rough, but of course they took the pics at the few whitewater drops there were (Don't worry Dad...).

You can see that Owen and I got the dry side of the boat.  Somehow Aidan didn't...


1 comment:

  1. That was awesome!! I've always wanted to do this.... the pictures are amazing! Love Aidan's faces in all of them, and I loved seeing Owen's adorable face show up randomly! Hope to get to do something this cool someday!

    ReplyDelete