***

When my mother-in-law looks at my two little guys and sees the pure joy in their faces, the almost giddiness they display for no apparent reason, she says, "Happiness Is!" As I made the decision to start a blog, I asked my son what I should journal about? His short to-the-point answer was "Happiness." When he said that I immediately remembered this phrase from my mother-in-law, hence the title for my blog. Life is so crazy and it is passing me by extremely fast. So, with some inspiration from my little sister, I'm on a quest to record these moments of happiness and joy. Wish me luck!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rare

This is my fourth morning in a row that I haven't had to be up and at em first thing. I honestly don't know what to do with myself! School is out and less client work coming in. I'm struggling with the fact that I can't seem to get myself going now that I'm not needed everywhere else. So I sit and sit and sit. I've been reading blogs, magazines and my textbook for my upcoming course work, but it feels like I am doing nothing. I am trying to enjoy it, but it is really not easy to relax and be content when there is so much that needs done around the house.

This morning was a rare morning where we all slept in. Once Owen was up we had great fun pretending in my bed and soon we were all smiles. Then Aidan got up and climbed in with us. (Of course things got ramped up once he got in the mix.) It was giggly, tickley, silly fun and I really enjoyed it. Now that we have had our Sunday pancakes and everyone is off doing their own thing, I find myself sitting again - trying to remind myself that maybe its okay to just sit and relax.

1 comment:

  1. If there is anyone who deserves a little R and R.... It's YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete